Publicly traded U.S. tech manufacturing giant acquired Rianta Solutions' operations on Legget Drive earlier this year in bid to tap into region's top-notch talent pool.
While half the small business owners surveyed said rising costs and inflation are a challenge, 90 per cent of new entrepreneurs said they still feel optimistic about the future.
District Realty is pleased to announce that Michael Morin has accepted the position of director of commercial properties.
The auction,?called Art For Impact, featured the work of 21 local artists.
- Senior writer David Sali was recognized for his exclusive coverage of changes to Shopify's executive team in April 2021.
- SPONSOREDSoftware entrepreneurs know how important it is to align technology to customer needs and a solid business case. Why would your intellectual property…
- College has joined forces with George Brown College and Mohawk College to launch first-of-its-kind four-year honours degree this fall.
Jim McConnery, managing partner at Welch LLP, says that if anything is for certain, it’s that the pre-pandemic status quo is no longer an acceptable operating model.?
Move comes six months after Zipes left Shopify, where she played a key role in building and leading the e-commerce powerhouse’s legal team from pre-IPO through the pandemic.
Three tourism organizations in Eastern Ontario will receive federal funding to help them recover from the pandemic and continue to grow.
One of the challenges Canada has long faced in being globally competitive has been the lag in use and adoption of technology by small and medium-sized enterprises.
The Smiths Falls-based cannabis company says it had a net loss of $578.6 million for the quarter ended March 31 compared with a net loss of $616.7 million a year earlier.
- “For me, it’s global domination or nothing. I want it all. We can take this as far as we want to take it," said CEO Alok Ahuja.
- Popular ice cream parlour converted its truck into a mobile phone-charging unit and offered up space in its walk-in freezer for homeowners to store…
CANADA - WORLD
High household debt and elevated housing prices have become bigger vulnerabilities in the past year, but the economy can handle the rising interest rates needed to tame inflation, central bank says.
Ottawa-born BeaverTails is among the chains that are looking to expand their national footprints as consumers start shopping and eating out in greater numbers.
Members of Canada's tech sector say that anxiety is being felt across the industry as rising interest rates and 30-year inflation highs weigh on businesses.
- Everyone was a happy camper at BGC Ottawa’s Glamping Gala, a sold-out fundraiser that brought 480 partygoers together for a night of food, drinks, dancing and socializing.
- Calian Group CEO Kevin Ford has set a bold goal. Through organic growth and acquisitions, the company wants to achieve $1 billion in annual revenues.
Cybersecurity expert Sai Huda says Canadian small to mid-sized enterprises (SMEs) are far too vulnerable to stealth attacks from hackers.?
- The deck is stacked against technology startups. Success is an unsure bet. To boost their odds of success, some startups join incubators and accelerators.
- Local politicians and business leaders gathered Tuesday morning to mark the opening of the region’s new district energy system: the Zibi Community Utility (ZCU).?